The bitter cold is coming! Here's how to prepare your plumbing for this extreme weather.
1. Keep your garage door closed.
2. If you have plumbing in the garage, provide heat to that area if possible.
3. Make sure garden hoses are disconnect from exterior water faucets.
4. Close your crawlspace vents and access holes.
5. Open cabinet doors for all plumbing fixtures located on the outside wall.
6. Leave the water running in a small stream when plumbing fixtures are located on an outside wall.
7. If you are leaving for an extended period of time, turn the water off to your home and shut off the power supply to the water heater.
8. If your washer is located on an outside wall, add a small amount of anti-freeze to the trap and monitor it while in use during this extreme cold.
8. Locate your water shut-off valve now in case you experience a burst pipe.
9. Turn your furnace thermostat up a couple degrees.
We are expecting a high call volume during this time. However, we will be here to serve you. We appreciate your patience should you need us.
If you have a plumbing emergency, please call or text us at (812) 350-4163
We’re hunkering down for the intense snowstorm that’s going to hit us tonight! ❄️⛄️❄️⛄️ 1. I’m getting a head start on my snow day nap with this blanket I stole from my human.
2. Moody Maurice is mad that it’s not dinner time yet: “CRUNCHIES AND CHIN SCRATCHIES NOW, HUMAN” .