CHINESE STYLE SHRIMP AND CUCUMBER WITH JAPANESE PLUM VINEGAR. Since I tried a Chinese dish with fried cucumber, I love it. This time I fried cucumber with shrimps and mushrooms and added Japanese plum vinegar at the end🦐✨ Serves 2:
1. Prepare shrimps: Salt 200g fresh shrimps and rub salt well into them. Rinse. Wipe off the water. Add 1 tablespoon of sherry, salt and pepper and rub them well into the shrimp. Add 2 table spoons of egg white and rub well with your fingers until foam builds. Add 1 table spoon of starch and mix well. Add a little salad oil and mix a little. Place it in the fridge until cooking.
2. Deep-fry the shrimps at low heat in salad oil until the dough becomes crispy. Place the shrimps on a sieve and remove excess oil well.
3. Turn up the heat. Cut up 1 cucumber and put into the oil. Shortly after remove the cucumber and drain. Do the same with 200g mushrooms.
4. Heat a frying pan with 2 table spoons of salad oil at medium heat. Add 1 slice of ginger to the pan. When the aroma unfolds, put the shrimps and vegetables into the pan. Stir. Add 2 tablespoons of sherry and 1 teaspoon of soy sauce. Stir. Add a little starch dissolved in water (a few teaspoons). Thicken the liquid, stirring well. Turn the heat off. Add 2 tablespoons of Japanese plum vinegar ("umesu", if you don't have any, use lemon juice and salt) and stir.
5. Serve with white wine like Alsacian Riesling or sherry fino.
Thank You Vinson Petrillo for one of the most special birthday dinners-EVER. You are an amazing chef and I’m grateful to have you as one of my dearest friends. You are talented and amazing! .
Those Red Royal Shrimp-were FANTASTIC!!! LOVED the Abundant Seafood Golden Tile Fish (WOW-that was exceptional)! And I have to admit-I’m a big fan of Manchester Farms quail and this was probably one of my favorite preparations with their proteins-ever (loved every bite). BRAVO!!! @zerorestaurant@vpetrillo .
HEAVEN ON A TRAY! 🔥 Shrimp, crawfish, fried fish, corn and more!! #seafood#shrimp#fish
WE ARE OFFICIALLY OPEN IN HOLLYWOOD!!! Come stop by!
6122 W. Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles
👇🏼TAG YOUR FRIENDS👇🏼